5 Reason You Should Train Jiu Jitsu
Are you looking for realistic Self-Defense around Port Jeff Station? Check out this article then, it may save your life! Here are 5 reasons you should be training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at Fusion MMA!
1. Brazilain Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) is the world's most proven, effective martial art. It's true! Not too long ago, martial artists from various disciplines & styles met at Vale Tudo tournaments (such as the original UFC events) to compete in no-rules fights. The Brazilian Jiu Jitsu representatives not only won most of these matches but DOMINATED the combatants from Karate, Kung Fu, Boxing, Kickboxing and more. No other art has stood up to the rigorous testing against others like Jiu Jitsu.
2. Anyone can train in Jiu Jitsu. Women, men, and even children as young as six years old can practice Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Because it is an art that is designed for a smaller, weaker practitioner to subdue much larger and stronger opponents, virtually anyone of any size, age or sex can practice Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. It is not limited to athletes, men or stronger participants.
3. It builds character. Sometimes you will feel great and training will be easy. Other days, you will be tired, sore and unsure of your ability to step on the mats. Jiu Jitsu will expose you to all of your strengths and weaknesses, teaching you humility, respect and building your confidence through continued training.
4. BJJ is a great workout. If you are looking for a great cardiovascular workout, try rolling for 5 minute rounds, or longer! Cardiovascular health is important and will greatly improve with continued training. You will also see increased muscle, strength and flexibility.
5. It is a great base for Mixed Martial Arts. The top UFC fighters all share one thing in common, a base in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Even fighters who are known for the punching power such as Conor McGreggor, Anderson Silva or Chuck Lidell all have to learn BJJ in order t compete at the highest levels of MMA. Without an advanced understanding of Jiu Jitsu, a fighter is useless in the cage.
If you would like to learn more about Brazilian Jiu Jitsu on Long Island then check-out our program! We offer BJJ 7 days a week, morning and evenings. In addition, unlike most schools in our area, our martial arts are battle tested in the cage, ring and on the mat by both our coaches and students. Find out why Fusion MMA is the North Shores largest and premier MMA Academy with our 30 Day Trial Program HERE.
P.S. Here's a great video from Renzo Gracie showing you BJJ for Self-Defense: